*3 medium onions(thinly sliced) *3 tsp garlic paste *6 cardamom pods *125g butter *100ml oil *10 piece chicken (cleaned and washed) *4 medium potatoes (cut in half and deep fried till half done) *4 cups rice (parboiled) *2 cups plain greek yoghurt or double cream
- salt to taste
- 1 packet 50g spice mecca akni spice *4 green chillies (optional)
- in the pot mix the onions,cardomom pod, butter and oil. braise the onions till golden brown
- add garlic and chicken pieces, simmer for 5 mins
- add water if needed 4.add spice and salt to taste 5.repeat water if needed, simmer for 1 minute 6.add yoghurt and green chillies cook until chicken is almost done. NB remember to add water as needed
- the consistency should be of a currys gravy, add rice and potatoes. gravy should cover rice equally. put the pot in the oven at 100C. cook until water is absorbed and rice is soft.