Chicken Chow Mein
1 cup egg noodles 2 Tblsp oil 1 clove crush garlic 2½ cm piece of ginger root, finely sliced 300g chicken fillet, finely sliced 2 onion, sliced 1 tsp chili, finely sliced 125g mushrooms. Sliced 1 red pepper, chopped 1 tsp cornflour 30ml water 250g baby sweetcorn, halved lengthwise 3 Tblsp soy sauce 5ml olive oil 1 Tblsp toasted sesame seeds
- Place noodles in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Leave to stand for 4 minutes. Drain & set aside.
- Heat oil in wok and add the onion, garlic, ginger, chicken, chili and stir- fry until chicken strips are sealed and onions softened.
- Add in mushrooms and red pepper slices and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the sweetcorn, soy sauce, drained noodles and olive oil.
- Mix the cornflour with the water & add to the chow mein.
- Heat through, stirring continuously until thickened.
- Sprinkle over sesame seeds season to taste and serve.