Hoping someone might have some more clear information for me...

‹ Back to beginning

Hoping someone might have some more clear information for me as it seems the agent I was corresponding with may not have been giving me the correct information. My Indonesian fiancé and I are getting married in Australia and then I will be relocating to Bali to both live and work.

I am planning to take up work as a freelance dj working in restaurants, lounge bars, night clubs and private functions such as birthdays and weddings etc.

The agent I was corresponding with led me to believe that "As concerns working, the Immigration Law No. 6 of 2011 in Article 61 gives foreigners who are married to Indonesians the right to work to support their family. So long as you are not engaged in a permanent employment relationship with a company where they would need a permit to employ you, you should be ok to to offer your services on short-term contracts or consultancy. If you want to work as an employee, we can arrange a Work Permit for you after the KITAS is all settled."

I am just trying to get info on the best way to allow myself to legally work djing in Bali. I don't intend to be contracted to one company specifically but may do ongoing work with 5+ companies.

Thanks in advance for any help provided!

Reply to this thread

This site uses cookies and other tracking technologies to differentiate between individual computers, personalized service settings, analytical and statistical purposes, and customization of content and ad serving. This site may also contain third-party cookies. If you continue to use the site, we assume it matches the current settings, but you can change them at any time. More info here: Privacy and Cookie Policy