Masala Chai and White Chocolate Creme Brulee Adapted from Pham Fatale's blog with Vicky Ratnani
Serves 4 to 6
3/4 cup cream 3/4 cup milk 4 tblsp sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla 2 sticks cinnamon 3 cloves 2 masala chai tea bags 1/2 cup white chocolate - melted and cooled
4 -6 tblsp sugar for the topping
- In a saucepan boil the milk and cream along with the cinnamon and cloves. Turn off the heat and throw in the masala chai tea bags. Let it steep for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the tea bags
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and vanilla extract, till creamy.
- Pour some of the hot concoction into the egg yolks to temper it and then add the remaining hot milk mixture.
- Add the white chocolate bits to it, stir well. Do not whisk. If you whisk you'll get air bubbles and that's a problem.
- Strain into ramekins and bake in a pre-heated oven at 110 degrees for 50-60 minutes
- Once its set yet jiggly, remove and let it cool completely before wrapping in clingfilm and letting it set for 4 to 12 hours.
- When you're ready to eat, sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar evenly on top of the ramekin and the blister it with the blow torch.
- Crack and enjoy.