INGREDIENTS: 6 cups cake flour 0.5 tsp salt
250g butter + ( another 375g butter) 2 stiffed whipped egg whites 0.5 tsp lemon juice +- 1 and half cup cold water (add as needed to make soft dough) 1 cup maziena for sprinkling as needed. METHOD:
- sift flour and salt 3 times.
- rub 250g butter with fingers until its fine and resembles bread crumbs.
- add lemon juice and egg white
- add water as needed to get a soft dough, work through the dough with hands knead till smooth.
- cover with plastic and put in fridge for 1 - 2 hours and is firm to roll.
- divide dough into 8 equal balls.
- divide the 375g butter into 7 equal pieces.(always keep butter hard)
- roll out one ball like a roti, grate 1 portion butter ontop of the rolled out dough. sprinkle lightly with maziena on the top of the grated butter, roll out another ball and sandwich together. repeat until all butter and balls are stacked up on each other.
- roll out the stack until its a big flat dough. always sprinkle maziena. fold into a envelope shape.
- roll out into a flat sheet again and fold into an envelope shape again, repeat this about 3 times. fold dough and cut into desired portions and freeze until ready for use. ps. always keep butter and dough cold!!!